Cold conservatory and no door!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friends i need your help!
Ive moved into a house with a large conservatory attatched to the kitchen, but no door separating the the 2 rooms, just a large open double doorway (non-standard size)..
With the winter approaching and the threat of a pretty cold kitchen im looking for ideas to keep heat in the kitchen and cold from the conservatory out!
Without fully insulating the conservatory, i've thought about installing a door but thats pretty expensive... thermal curtains but not sure how effective... hanging blankets maybe... amazon have these thermal doorway covers too...
But if anyone has any bright ideas/potential solutions im all ears!
Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Measure the opening and then scour ebay for a similar sized door second hand. You could always use a timber frame/packing to bring it to the size required.

Measure the opening and then scour ebay for a similar sized door second hand. You could always use a timber frame/packing to bring it to the size required.
Exactly what I did for my daughter , got a pair of over sized glazed doors off freecycle and trimmed to fit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would have a nice glazed door (or doors) to let the light through and a heavy curtain to draw at night too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back