Cold Heater Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope this is something that you can help me with.

I recently replaced an old radiator for a Myson Select unit in the front hall way. The problem is that every other heater in the house is getting hot except for the new one. Taps are all fully open but the in and out pips are stone cold. I've released what little air was trapped in the new rad and cold water just keeps coming out each time i bleed it. I have also gone round the other rads and released trapped air as well as the domestic hot water tank and they are fine. I think there's air still trapped stopping the hot water flow on the new heater. If it is air, why isn't coming out when I bleed it. Shouldn't air rise to the top? We have a conventional gas central heating system with two tanks in the loft one big, one small.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

Anil

Sponsored Links
SHut lots of other rads to force flow through the new one.

Hi Chris,

Thanks replying so quickly.

Are you saying that I should close both pips on all the other rads in the house and then bleed the new heater again?

Cheers

Anil

Great site too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back