Cold House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first winter in my current house. The house is never warm even with the heating turned up full. I have a vailient combi boiler there is no room stat but all the rads have the thermostat style valves. The boiler looks alot newer than the rest of the system, and i have been told it is working correctly. I did notice something, the flow and return at the boiler are 22mm but reduce to 15mm shortly after. All radiators a hot to touch but the rooms are cold. The house is an average 3 bedroom type thing.
Sorry for the long post, hope someone can cast some light on this.
Thank You,

Alan.

Sponsored Links
The problem is probably that the rads and/or pipework are undersized. The Vaillant boiler will have far more heating capacity than you need, so that's not likely to be the problem.

Rads can be replaced, for example by substituting doubles for singles using same pipe connections, but upgrading pipework is trickier. You probably ought to have a heating engineer look it over to assess the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back