cold rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sitting room rad isnt big enough so replaced that with larger rad and put old sitting room on landon. rad on landon works fine.

sittin room rad is now stone cold (used to be fairly hot, but colder than others) unless everything else is off. have connected hose to pipes and water flows out freely. all pipework is 15mm and sitting room rad is about 20-22M from boiler. second last rad is about 12-13M from boiler.

what are my choices? the pipes take the scenic route form upstairs down to that rad, and if i replace, i can cut off around 7-8M of pipework. think this would help?

OR (to avoid damaged etc), would adding a heating pump before the final 2 rads help?

Sponsored Links
airlock in pipes
try shutting all other rads off and put pump on speed 3
this should hopefully push the air out

Sponsored Links
Balance off the upstairs rads so the heat is evenly spread out. Do a search on here for 'balancing radiators' and you'll see what I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back