Cold Radiator (removed Myson TRV and valve pin OK?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a single cold radiator. After some research on this site I managed to remove the Myson TRV and check the valve pin. It is in the up position and springs back up when pressed down so I assume this is OK.

With the TRV removed and the valve in the 'up' position, I guess the radiator should get hot but it remains cold.

I have tried bleeding at both the top and bottom air vents and water comes out freely with no hissing sound indicating no air in the radiator.

When I bleed the bottom air vent the water coming out gets hot.

Any further help would be gratefully appreciated. :confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
is the lockshield valve open
have you tried turning every other rad and the hot water off to push through any poss air in the pipes

deja vo

funny that i had a similar problem today at a customers eventually took the valve off and then put the trv head on the valve the head overpowered the spring in the valve = shut valve

fitted new trv and heating working happy days!!! shame it took more than 1 visit to find it :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If it is a faultly TRV then when I leave the TRV off for a period of time, shouldn't the radiator come on as the valve is left open?

How would I check if the lockshield valve is open?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back