Cold Radiator

Sponsored Links
yes the thermostat head. I'll leave it off while it's cold..... I do have a rad in a conservatory which I leave on full, will try changing them over & see if that works
Thanks for all you're help..... :D

By cap you mean thermostat head with numbers on and not a plastic cap that looks like a bottle top? You could replace the thermostat head (the majority are universal) but you can't buy the head without the whole valve.
Tony, if you check the op's profile and look at his album, he's talking about a TRV ;)

By cap you mean thermostat head with numbers on and not a plastic cap that looks like a bottle top? You could replace the thermostat head (the majority are universal) but you can't buy the head without the whole valve.
Tony, if you check the op's profile and look at his album, he's talking about a TRV ;)

New to the site myself, cheers for the info. And as someone said, swapping heads with another rad is a good shout. You'll then know if it needs a new trv. If You aren't capable of changing the trv, I'd take the thermostat head to a merchant and and buy a thermostat of the same thread and just fit the new head.

Sponsored Links
just thought I'd update you, the head in the conservatory was unfortunately a different connection, bought a new one for the bargain price of a fiver and now have a fully functional radiator..... who needs to pay out for an expensive plumber :D
Thanks everyone for their help

just thought I'd update you, the head in the conservatory was unfortunately a different connection, bought a new one for the bargain price of a fiver and now have a fully functional radiator..... who needs to pay out for an expensive plumber :D
Thanks everyone for their help
Thank Tony - I wasn't aware how interchangeable they were :)

the only shame is that no-one stocks the head on it's own, didn't need the pipe, but suppose i now have a spare, just in case :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back