cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits end with this stupid radiator! My bedroom radiator has stopped working but all the other radiators in the house are fine. I recently removed the radiator to paint behind it and refitted and it hasnt worked since. It initially filled with hot water and then cooled down never to reheat again. When i tried bleeding it, hot water started to enter it although the bottom of the radiator remained cold. I checked the obvious things like checking that the hand wheel valve with the numbers on it is turned on ( I have it set to 3 at the mo). I also tried turning the spindle on the lockshield valve but it wont budge either direction. Also the pipe attached to the lockshield valve is hot but the pipe attached to the opposite end is stone cold. any suggestions, gratefully accepted! :cry:

Sponsored Links
sounds like youve either wellied up the lock shield or the pin on the valve with the numbers is stuck... i assume this is a thermostatic valve. try taking the head off and giving it a firm tap

thanks gavinda, have done as you suggested. Will give it a few minutes to see if it works (fingers crossed!)

oh dear, it doesn't seemed to have helped, thank you for the suggestion though. Maybe I need to replace the lockshield valve... gulp!

Sponsored Links
well before you drain it again.. turn all the others off and see if theres a little airlock stopping it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back