Cold radiators on a back boiler system *HELP!!!!*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone help me. As the radiators were sluggish the system was flushed through. Now it has been refilled and the radiators bled no heat is coming through the pipes at all. I have tried to bleed the other valve (near the boiler) but have no idea why it is not working!

Sponsored Links
IS pump working ? , is it fully pumped or old gravity hot water pumped heating

When I look at the system the pump seems only attached to the feed to the hot water tank. There is a vibration from the pump so I assume it is working. After looking at diagrams etc it seems that after the pump there should be a junction for the hot water to go to either the boiler or radiators which there isn't one. There are three pipes from the boiler to near the tank one to feed the hot water tank, one to feed the cold water and one that seems to be a valve. This is the valve that hgas been bled.

Sponsored Links
There is a vibration from the pump so I assume it is working. After looking at diagrams etc it seems that after the pump there should be a junction for the hot water to go to either the boiler or radiators which there isn't one. There are three pipes from the boiler to near the tank one to feed the hot water tank, one to feed the cold water and one that seems to be a valve. This is the valve that hgas been bled.

CHECK

there is water in the system

the pump is running

View media item 667
undo the screw and bleed it :idea:

Hi Kevplumb,
just done what you said and water came out.
THanks for your help

5 get you 10 that the system is full of gunk, in which case the pump might still be moving, but probably lost much of its power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back