cold radiators.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys. Please bear with me as this is my first post and i'm also not familiar with the technical talk.

In late summer i had an extra radiator installed in the conservatory. Well, cause its been cold i have had the heating on. The new radiator which is closest to the boiler does get hot but all the other radiators do not. One which is upstairs gets warm.

The boiler is a Gloworm hideway and i have a hot water tank upstairs.

Today i had a plumber come and have a look. He let all the water out and then 'backfilled'. He said alll the radiators filled with water really easily. Turned on the boiler and it got hot ? flow but after a few mins it cut out. All the radiators were still cold. Conservatory radiator did get hot.

Plumber said i have a blocked pipe but was unsure where. He did point to the new rad and mentioned it being teed/tied in wrong. Would this be right as the floor has new flooring.

He then told me to call him in a few days and he would come and try and sort it again. In his favour he did not charge me for backfilling.

What is this blockage and how would it be sorted.

Ella

Sponsored Links
If there is a blockage then how did all the radiators fill up with water so easily???.

OOpss. silly me. the water can travel both ways!!!! until it hits the blockage

Sponsored Links
Do a search for topic: cold radiators. If there are fewer than a hundred messages on the subject, I will eat my trainers. Raw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back