Cold Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :)

My daughter recently moved into a house with a combie boiler she noticed that one of the two downstairs radiators was cold (all upstairs are OK). I tried to bleed the radiator but found no air, only water when bleed nipple was opened. I also noticed both inlet and outlet pipes cold at start of bleed session. As I kept bleeding the radiator inlet pipe started to get warm but I stopped because I had taken out about 4 pints from system and was not certain what this would do to the system. Now both downstairs are cold. Can anyone please suggest what is wrong and what I can do to sort this out?

Thanks

Cynderyn

Sponsored Links
Water does not seem to be circulating in the rad.
Are both valves open.? Might need a flush. :)

Thanks for prompt reply

Tried bleed with both valves fully open,and then tried inlet valve fully open outlet valve closed same result only water came from bleed nipple.
Query1 If rad is at fault (sedament) why are both inlet and outlet pipes some distance from rad cold.
Query2 By bleeding the 1 cold downstairs rad I have affected other downstairs rad which was warm but now is also cold

Why is this ?

Can I check to see if rad has sedmant in it without disconecting it from system ?

Cynderyn

Sponsored Links

NO :(

I never had a combe system my self so I did not know I had to.Can you please explain generally how they are supposed to work.Can you please advise how you do this and what setting you would advise. The bolier is in the loft and it looks like the former owener of the house did not leave any instructions.

Many Thanks

Cynderyn

Hi All :)

Many thanks for advice and info from all

In answer to questions about what I did and what the sysetm is :)

No RADS have been balanced don't know how to do this at moment but would like to now how to :)

I will need to vist daughters home and go into loft :( to find info on boiler by the sound of it I will need to add water and re-pressure system.

I will do this and post it back ASAP

Cynderyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back