Cold roof to warm roof interface...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a lean-to style roof along the front of the house part of which is over the garage and the other part is over the hall and WC.

The part over the WC is being changed from a cold roof to a warm roof and the ceiling is being changed to a vaulted style.

The ceiling in the garage has 300mm rockwool quilt insulation and the ceiling in the hall will have around 130mm of celotex.

The wall inbetween the hall and garage is a double skin of 100mm thermolite blocks with no cavity. So obviously the top of this wall will be in the hall on one side and in the cold roof area on the other side. Is the best plan to clad the cold roof side of the wall in celotex? Or am I somewhat wide of the mark?

Sponsored Links
What about the rest of the house walls with one side in the warm and the other outside in the cold?

I guessed that as these are cavity they would provide a higher value of insulation than the double thermolite with no cavity? Or is the difference so minimal its not worth worrying about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back