cold room/dormer window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

our house has 1 room at the front which , the way the roof runs in that section, means that the room has a dormer window in the sape of a traingle.

The end result is restricted head space inside the room on either side and above the window.

The problem i am having at the minute is that this room is nearly too cold to use as a bedroom.

The internal facing wall below the window is very cold as are the areas at either side of the window(were the roof space is above).

Can anyone advise me on how i can cut down on these cold spots and make this room a little warmer.

Are there restrictions as to where I can insulate?

Thanks,
Paddy1

Sponsored Links
The only real restriction, that comes to mind is around electrical cables.
If the cable is totally surround be insulation, it could well reduce the current carrying capacity of the cable by half.
So if you had a cable for instance, that was 2.5mm twin and earth for your socket outlets, covered with thermal insulation, this could reduce the current that can be safely carried from 27amps to 13.5amps. If the circuit is protected by a 20amp fuse or breaker, you then have a problem with cables over heating and this could cause fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back