Cold shower plenty of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having moved house recently the shower has been fine for a week, it recently started playing up and not running hot even with the mixer turned full to hot. The hot water pipe that feeds it is hot to the touch and if I run the main bath or sink taps I get very hot water.

It's an Aqualisa but not sure which model, I think the cold is off the mains and the hot off a tank in the loft, it has a dial that controls the flow of water then one behind this for the temperature, the flow seems the same as normal but whilst playing with it I lifted the head off the wall mount and held it down into the bath and the water turned very hot, lift it back up again and it taild off to luke warm again.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the pressure but has been fine, any ideas how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Oh I just remembered there's something on top of the assembly that you could probably put a 50p edge into and turn, I haven't touched this yet and not sure what it does. Also the cold maybe gravity fed I need to check in the loft.

Having poked about images of the shower I think it's an Aqualisa Aquavalve 700 exposed.

Sponsored Links
I had this reply from Aqualisa to my question on the problem, I'll try it tonight :D

If by lowering the shower head the flow or temperature increase, this would usually indicate a build up of air in the system. Once cleared the shower should go back to normal.

To clear air from the system:

* Remove the shower head from the end of the hose and lower the hose down into the bath/shower tray

* Start running the shower on fully cold to begin with then gradually increase the temperature by about 1 cm at a time leaving around 5 seconds in between each adjustment

* Once you have reached fully hot, decrease back down again in the same way and repeat a couple of time

* If the flow of the water starts to splutter at any point this would indicate air is clearing from the system. If this occurs allowing the air to clear before continuing, once it's cleared the performance of the shower should go back to normal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back