Cold shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 18mth old Triton Aspirante shower. Yesterday I noticed water was being ejected from the pressure relief tube. On inspection the hose lining had somehow corrupted and was blocking the water flow which must have activated the PRD. I have replaced the hose with a spare I had to hand, reset the PRD as I had the ball and now the flow is great. The only problem is the water is only warm at the hottest setting, this setting used to be to hot to handle. I have checked for continuity across the heating elements and the TCO's and everything seems fine. Any ideas?
It is still under guarantee but I would rather fix it if I can than have to take time off work and wait in for an engineer. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
So both elements have resistance?
Cutouts have continuity?
The micro switches operate and have continuity?

Sorry for the delay getting back.
Both elements have resistance, cut outs show continuity. Not sure where the microswitches are. The water temperature does rise when the isolator valve is closed down but still only gets warm before the low pressure overide kicks in.

Sponsored Links
Okay...fixed it....something really stupid. When I repaired the PRD I must have moved the temperature control knob on the cover which locates onto splines on the water control, so on refitting they were out of synch and when I thought I was turning the temperature right up, I wasn't. So I reset both to fully cold, refitted the cover and all okay again. Sorry for wasting anybodies time and thanks for trying to help.

The aspirante looks more electronic, so possibly doesn't have micro switches switching the elements (they are part of the pressure switch, no pressure, switches open). Think you have relay type switches on the PCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back