Cold spots under patio slabs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we had a patio laid about a month ago and it's looking really nice. Twice this week I've spotted on two or three slabs (of a total of 35-40sqm) these little marks. Pretty much the same patern on both days.
They go as the day progresses and only visible when that part of the patio is in the shade.
Is that just cold spots? it was deffinately laid on a full bed of mortor so just wondering if that's perhaps small sections that's not taken as well? Surrounding slabs appear ok.

Attachments

• 1716543494134.png
    1716543494134.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Possibly. I've just been out and noticed it's kind of drying but leaving a white mark. Could be efflorescence (from my googling!)?

Attachments

• 1716552803456.png
    1716552803456.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
More of theses spots this morning. It was colder last night but again only on our front patio, not the back (which gets a lot more direct sunlight). Could it just be the end of the curing of the mortor as its only been down about 4 weeks? Its random slabs but more of them today and no real pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back