cold tap trickle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... complete and utter newbie here... I can operate a computer, but I am totally cr*p at DIY!!! So please forgive me...
I recently replaced two taps on our kitchen tap (one of those mixer type taps with a hot and cold tap and single spout). The hot is fine (perhaps a little low on pressure, but the cold is just a really feeble dribble. It just trickles out slowly.. all the other cold taps in the house are fine... any ideas? I know there is a sort of water tank thing in the loft (it has a large tank and a small one next to it.) also there is a tap under the kitchen sink which seems to be the right tap to stop the cold supply (could that be the mains?).

So any ideas... I've read a bit about airlocks.. not sure, could it be an airlock? any ideas how I could diagnose and fix?

cheers

Baronne

Sponsored Links
Did you open all the valves properly when you turned the water back on?
Did you allow crud to enter the pipe while you were working on it?
I have never known an airlock on a mains fed cold supply to be a problem. Theres so much pressure it justs blasts the air out.
Did you use flexi pipes? If so are you sure you didn't kink the cold one?

... well... to be honest... all I did was turn off all the stop taps, opened the taps in the house and let the water run out, then I replaced the taps. The I opened the main stop tap under the sink and all the taps came out blasting. In fact, even the kitchen tap was momentarily ok, but it seems to have progressively worse and worse...

Sponsored Links
If a washer has perished in a stoptap it could have broken up and got stuck somewhere on the way to your cold tap.
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back