Cold Upstairs/Warm downstairs

D

Deleted 20747

Hello guys

Trying to find some answers. I have a 2 up 2 down mid terrace house and find that upstairs is not as cosy as downstairs. theres a marked difference in temperature. All radiators seem to be fine and the rooms are not that big. I had a look in the loft and the insulation seems to be ok. Would it help to reinsulate the loft floor with foil backed sheets and vapour barriers? Will this help rising heat back into the house? Or is there somebody else that could be causing the cooler temp upstairs

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
It might be by design. Bedrooms are widely heated to a lower temperature than living rooms. You might find the rads are smaller, or you might find they're been balanced that way. I'm assuming it's not done by TRVs or you would have adjusted them; equally I'm assuming that the walls and windows are of the same construction or you'd have mentioned it..

What is the thickness of the loft insulation, and is it complete cover or does it have gaps or poor fitting against the roof timbers?

BTW do you habitually wander about your bedroom in a flimsy negligee, rather than the sturdy woollen suiting you wear downstairs? Maybe you just feel the cold more ;)

Post in Plumbing ;) There are knowledgable guys from London on that forum :idea:

MOD 2

your wish sir is my command ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back