Cold water accumulator best option?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have got a combi boiler but our incoming cold water is of low flow rate (7-9l/min). Also at top of block of flats so flow varies considerably, making showers almost impossible at peak times (low flow, water goes hot/cold).

I'm thinking of getting a cold water accumulator to solve the problem - is this the best solution?

Can anyone recommend a fitter in North London (i'm near finchley road station) who could come see the situation and give options of best thing to do?

Thanks,

Priesh

Sponsored Links
You should measure the pressure, not the flow

Hi - not sure how i would do that myself - any diy way fo doing so? What kind of pressure do you need to have an accumulator? How does pressure affect the existing system?

Sponsored Links
assuming that achieves the same thing as a accumulator - which method is better?

the grundfoss don't run out ;)

How so? wouldn't the cold water tank within it run out in the same way as an accumulator? I thought the difference was that the accumulator uses a membrane to create pressure, and the grundfos uses a pump?

Ok thanks for the info - so any contacts in North London area who could come to my place and give me a quote etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back