Cold water fed from loft tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Salutations

I would appreciate some advice, I have just moved into a town house built circa 2002. I have recently discovered that the cold taps above the ground floor are fed from the loft tank uuughh.

Can I just block the feed from the tank and bypass to the cold water feed to the tank so that all of the house's cold water is fed from the mains.

I do have 2 x power showers fed with hot from the cistern via essex flanges I don't know if this will be of any consequence. Any advice will be most welcome.

Regards

Willard

Sponsored Links
Can I just block the feed from the tank and bypass to the cold water feed to the tank so that all of the house's cold water is fed from the mains.

you could mains feed the cold

I do have 2 x power showers fed with hot from the cistern via essex flanges I don't know if this will be of any consequence. Any advice will be most welcome.

they will still need to be tank fed hot and cold ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back