Cold Water Main Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main in our house comes in at the kitchen, and at the moment we're having a new kitchen installed.

As all the units are out, I've noticed that the cold water main gets absolutely covered in condensation before it disappears up towards the loft.

Is there anything I can wrap around the pipe (15mm copper) that would prevent or reduce the condensation?

Climaflex insulation wouldn't be ideal, so am really looking for something else.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You don't say what the problem is with Climaflex, but assuming it's too thick, you can buy pipewrap that comes on a roll, it's thin and has a plastic backing. This is the way pipes were insulated before the foam preformed type became popular. It's insulation properties are not so good, but it should be sufficient to prevent condensation forming. It needs wrapping tightly and fixing well. electrical cable ties would be better than adhestive tape.

For an example click here. Other variants with a foam on a self adhesive backing are available too.

Sponsored Links
Anyone had any experience with this?

I have a problem with a lead main that is 'sweating' and causing mould in a downstairs neighbours house. Started happening after we changed our system to a combi boiler.

Problem is it's either totally buried in his wall or half buried in his wall or just too tight to the wall to get any insulation around it.

Just hoping someone had come across this before and had any bright idea's? Other than digging it our of the wall / replacing it / re-routing it etc.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back