Cold water pipes under screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wanted some expert advice on my extension floor. We are prepping the ground floor in advance of the insulation and UFH install.

Meantime my plumber has elected to attach the original cold water inlet pipe from its previous location to the new sink location - via plastic pipe with the original copper inlet people in situ. I am worried about future leaks withe the plastic pipe pushed into the copper inlet. Does this look right?

Am worried

Thanks.

Attachments

• C21A0FBB-F4A3-4607-A214-C7D90B15DA70.jpeg
    C21A0FBB-F4A3-4607-A214-C7D90B15DA70.jpeg
    713.9 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
If he's used the appropriate insert in the pipe, it should be ok. You wouldn't want any joints under the screed though.

Blup

Don't embed the pipe in the screed, it should be in a duct or chase, preferably accessible.
Thanks for the advice denso13. Do you mean duct above screed? I would rather they dig the cold pipe and re locate in new location - but it would still be under screed.

Sponsored Links
I did a single run from mains to sink, didn't fancy any joints... under the insulation.

Make sure the cold water pipe is insulated if it runs through the ufh slab. We didn’t do that, and now have to run the cold tap for 30 seconds or so before we get cold water from the cold tap in our kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back