Best way to connect cold feed to the toilet cistern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchase a new FLUIDMASTER cistern 6lt with the inlet pipe on the bottom right hand side. My cold water feed from a copper pipe is on the opposite side. What's the best way to connect the two. In my mind it's a elbow fixture on both the inlet and cold water feed and a straight pipe between them? Instead of Flexi?

What fixtures should the elbow be, there seems to be so many types. Can is use push fit tap connectors, even on the copper cold water feed?
Would PEX pipe be the best material to use?

Attachments

• fluidmasterr.jpg
    fluidmasterr.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
You could use compression fittings, or push fit, and copper pipe or pvc pipe. It doesn’t matter really.

If it's DIY and you don't have access to lots of tools or worked with copper /brass then can I recommend you use plastic push fit. Either John Guest or HEP normal barrier pipe. Use a push fit ISO hand turn valve on the mains feed on the left, then a pushfit elbow to head right, behind the cistern with a length of JG/HEP plastic into a push fit elbow to head up into the tap connector on the fill valve.

If you have access to tools and happy using them then use a normal ISO valve and copper/compression.

Can I suggest you use a hand tightened push fit tap connector to fit to the toilet fill valve as that will minimse the risk of cross threading the plastic shank on the fill valve.

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back