Cold water tank has a split - what to do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold water tank in my loft split this morning - lost of water damage to ceiling below... the water damage I can handle. Think it's a 50 gallon tank (1200x600x600). Just have no idea when it comes to plumbing jobs. Now need to get it replaced asap - what are my options? What can I expect to pay for a plumber to do the whole job? Is it worth buying the tank myself and finding a plumber to fit it for me? Your advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
what are my options? What can I expect to pay for a plumber to do the whole job? Is it worth buying the tank myself and finding a plumber to fit it for me? Your advice would be appreciated.

1 how long ia a piece of string

2 probably not

get a plumber to do it

;)

just not me i'm tooo expensive

Expect to pay in the region of £400 for a proper job. It is quite likely that you need to replace the existing Cistern with a loft cistern also known as a Coffin tank just to get it through the loft hatch!!

No matter what anyone on here says, it is a days labour, I would always pop a few Valves on the new cistern's outlets, a service valve on the Main byelaw 30 kit and renew the pipe lagging too.

A plumber would prefer to give a complete supply and install price.

Sponsored Links
Do you not have insurance? If you do, all you have to worry about is the level of excess you’ve chosen to keep the premium down!

What you need is a retired plumber with a plasterer son and live in E. Sussex. We work for cash :LOL:

Do you not have insurance? If you do, all you have to worry about is the level of excess you’ve chosen to keep the premium down!

Tried going down the route of using my home emergency insurance - the water tank is not covered. The only possibility may be my buildings insurance..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back