Colour choice of paints!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Been given an emergency deadline to find the paint I want for my new flat. I thought I could colour match to something I had found.

http://www.farrow-ball.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=0211SG&cid=PC&language=en-GB

for the walls and

http://www.farrow-ball.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=0201SW&cid=PC&language=en-GB

for the skirting etc.

Now I have been informed that the paint must come from the wholesaler of dulux or Crown. Anyone have any ideas on what the closest matches to these are? Or how to find out?

Will very much appreciate any advice

Phil

Sponsored Links
Brewers. or any decorating suppliers will stock farrow & ball etc...Or is your contractor (?) saying you cant have f/b because of the expence? There are loads of closely compatible colours in dulux etc. But doubt if you'll get a wholsaler to match perfectly with F/B...( copyrigt thingy).

If i were u, i would get the farrow and ball paint and pay the extra..........

Are you able to get to somewhere which mixes Dulux paints?

I had a lovely paint colour by Berger but couldn't get hold of Berger paints again after the local shop closed down. So when I moved house and wanted to use the colour again I painted a little of the left over paint onto white card and took it in to the Dulux paint mixing place and they matched it with the special paint matching tool thingy. This is then given a unique mixing code which you can use again. I think it matches up with a shade that they already have in their colection.

The match was spot on ;)

You could order a matchpot of the F&B colours you want online (if there is time) then do what I did.

Sponsored Links
Which paint is best in quality now i need help?

Do you mean which is best out of F & B or Crown/Dulux, or which is best out of just Crown or Dulux, or which is the best paint in the world?

In any case, you can get F & B colours mixed more cheaply by any retailer (e.g. Leyland) with a paint mixing machine and access to F & B colour codes. (F & B can patent the names, but not the colours). Our local independent DIY does it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back