DULUX VOC paint colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using a Dulux Satinwood paint in every room in my flat for the last couple of years and the colour I always use is RAL 9001. I got my decorator to decorate the hall this week and she ordered the Dulux Satinwood paint in RAL9001 but when she had finished painting all the woodwork it was a completely different colour to the rest of the flat. When I went back to the decorators merchants they said it was because of the VOC changes. Has anyone else had this kind of problem as I'm not sure what to do now? We tried to colour match the old tin of 9001 but it's still coming up too white. I can appreciate that this new paint is better for the environment but am really disappointed that I can't match the old 9001.

Sponsored Links
Sadly the 2010 paint systems have not performed very well, not only to they differ in colour and appearance the drying times have also varied, It is not unknown for Satinwood to dry to a gloss shine yet this will revert back to Satin in a few days.

Dec

Hi Woodycheese. I have had my hallway redecorated this week and am experiencing the exact same problem as you, where I cannot match the new Dulux Satinwood brilliant white to the old one. How did you get round the problem in the end? Does the colour even out over time to look more like the old one?

Sponsored Links
are you saying the new paint is whiter than the old?

if so, just be patient...

Same problem for me.
I have had new cream upvc window frames fitted. I conformed the Ral colour of them so that I could paint the sills and other misc junction parts the same colour.
When the paint was going on it looked slightly lighter, I assumed it would dry darker - it hasn't.
If Dulux know there is a problem due to the formulation why haven't they adjusted the pigments so that the end result is the correct shade?
Does anybody know how the shade may change over time? If I get the correct shade now will it go "off" over time?
I will be going back to B&Q where I bought the Dulux paint for a refund.
Trevor

have you compared the windows to a RAL sample?

JohnD
Not yet. I don't know where I might be able to view one locally [hd22hg]? I am waiting for a reply from Dulux before I take any action.
regards Trevor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back