spraying dulux satinwood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to paint about 12 old style bar radiators with dulux satinwood (can't get a colour match suitable in any other paint) - painting with a brush takes forever and even with a radiator brush I still can't cover all of the niggly areas. I am thinking of getting an electric sprayer but the satinwood is not supposed to be sprayed.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Aerosols..

If you are talking about one of those things with the little pot underneath then forget it..they are drap and certainly wont push satinwood out of the tip.

:confused: if you wanted to spray satinwood, surely you'd thin it down first to achieve the viscosity flow.

The problem with aerosols is the colour range, even with the plastikote ones which would otherwise be perfect...
I was wondering whether the satinwood is thinnable... and what with - white spirit?? :?:

Sponsored Links
It is thinable..use white spirit for oil based water for water based..

The problem with thinning it is you will lose the covering power.

Try one of the those power sprayer things but keep the receipt..personally I dont think it will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back