Which brand satinwood paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We r looking to paint stairs (currently painted white, probably many years ago by previous owner) and some mdf shelves.

Looking for satinwood finish which will last decent time and brownish colour. We really struggled to find it today and most finishes in satinwood are light while Brown's seem to be in gloss.

One option is to get dulux colour mixed based on colour card. We will get a tester pot first.

Any other suggestions on good satinwood paint? Looked at leyland but don't have a stockist near me for their coloured range.

Thanks

Ta

Sponsored Links
Go for the Dulux for sure. It won't be the cheapest but it has no competition in terms of longevity

Disagree. I'm not impressed with Dulux coloured gloss.

Best quality gloss is Little Greene's. F & B not bad. Cheaper option is Leyland Trade (but I don't think they do water based, only oil).

For satinwood, Johnston'es is def best but if you are happy with eggshell, then again, Little Greene's cannot be beaten and have great range of colours.

Sponsored Links
Dulux oil based paints have gone downhill since low voc regs came into force - Leyland

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back