Colour matching.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there a preferred way to match a paint colour ? In short I have a new UPVC conservatory and the UPVC is foil wrapped in 'Chartwell Green'. Whilst this is indeed the colour I am not sure it can be bought off the shelf as a tin of paint. I took a sample to Crown and their machine scanned it and gave a best match of 'Arts Deco 13'. I purchased this paint and have applied it to the wall but it looks to be a mile off the conservatory colour. It does have to dry yet so we will have to wait and see. I did expect the Crown machine to come up with something like BBY34F as an exact colour rather than a named 'best match'.
Just wondering if there is a preferred one stop shop method people use to match paint colours ??

andytw

Sponsored Links
  • Chartwell Green: BS 14 C 35
It's a standard RAL colour. Not sure if you can get emulsion paint in it, though.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for that. The paint I had was no good, miles off.
I went back to Crown and got some BS 14 C 35 made up in Satin and it matches a treat.

andytw

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back