Colours to beat Magnolia and Gardenia...

Dulux Trade Candle Cream, really nice and inoffensive, without the horrible yellowness of magnolia.

I also use Dulux Durable Flat Matt for ceilings - helps hide any imperfections as its even flatter than normal matt

Sponsored Links
Crown's Snowfall is indeed lovely but it is very much darker than magnolia, gardenia, etc. A subtle muddy tone - looks great with brilliant white, but be careful if the room is quite dark to begin with, and if people will be using it during the day.
Yeah, its what I have in my bed room, on three walls, with a 'acented' wall paper on the back wall which is mainly covered with white wardrobes. But all the rooms have big windows, white ceilings, and two lights in them.

One of the other bedrooms is Dulux's 'Egiption Cotton' which is bascially the same colour....
189562HBO111111M.jpg

Dulux Trade Candle Cream, really nice and inoffensive, without the horrible yellowness of magnolia.

I also use Dulux Durable Flat Matt for ceilings - helps hide any imperfections as its even flatter than normal matt
I'll have a look at Candle Cream.
- I dont know what ive put on the ceilings, it was Dulux matt, out of a 20l tub, might even be the very same and certainly fairly matt.

The bedroom ceilings are also now mint, as I have removed the sloping section, inslulated behind, and then reboarded and had someone skim the lot. Only flat plaster in the house as the rest was done by the previous owner, which was good for a amature, but poor by any other standard!

Daniel

Try Barrow and Fall - "Gent`s bog @ the tap room Yellow " :eek:

Sponsored Links
- I dont know what ive put on the ceilings, it was Dulux matt, out of a 20l tub, might even be the very same and certainly fairly matt.

Probably just standard matt then, as I think this only comes in 5L. 20L tub? Bloody hell thats big, I've only ever seen 10L!

Well I ended up with Crowns 'Ivory Cream' all over my hall and landing, and to be fair, it looks ok, its certainly nice and light which is what I was after and it will be fine.

I also did the bathroom in it and to be honest, its a slightly lemony ivory cream and somewhat clashes with the tiles. I have some Dulux Ivory which is a lot darker, even with 40% white added to it but a better shade, so I think I might slosh another 2l of white into that till its more like 60% white and get than on there, probably leaving enough to do the living room.

Ceilings are so much simpler!

Daniel

It takes a HUGE amount of white to make a colour lighter - watch when they mix up a colour for you, there cant be more than 30ml of colour added to a white tin to get even a dark brown!

Chucked another 2/3l of so of white into it and got it onto the walls and it looks the part, I dont know if its because it was the second coat (first coat was onto plasterboard sealer, which im using to keep the smell of stale fags at bay) or because the dulux is a nicer paint than the crown but it went on a treat.

I also gave the ceiling its second coat, and would again say the boggo 10l crown matt white is not a patch on the dulux. Would have been the same price if the crown hadnt have been on 40% off, but even then, I would have paided the extra if I had known.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back