Column Radiator Bracket fitted incorrectly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Column radiator bracket was fitted by a technician incorrectly.

Out of the 4 brackets, only one point on the column radiator sit on the bracket properly. Other 3 points on the radiators, dont sit on the curved bracket properly. One has a .5mm gap. Another has a 10 mm gap and another one has a 15 mm gap.

We cant change the position of the brackets as the brackets are screwed after multiple attempts successfully for a stable (not fully stable though) stay on the plasterboard. Not sure what to do unless we change the radiator position to a different spot like 4 inches above from the current spot which i don't want to do.

I was thinking about doing a pipe insulation foam to be cut into half and placed on the bracket and the radiator hanged for the foam to adjust according to the weight itself.
Cap1.JPG

Can I have some suggestions / inputs please ?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Cut a rectangle out of the plasterboard that spans 2 batons and both brackets, cut in a section of 12mm/9mm plywood, whatever the thickness of P/Board is. Screw to the batons, filler the cut edges then paint the same as the rest of the wall. Fault free fitting thereafter.

Cut a rectangle out of the plasterboard that spans 2 batons and both brackets, cut in a section of 12mm/9mm plywood, whatever the thickness of P/Board is. Screw to the batons, filler the cut edges then paint the same as the rest of the wall. Fault free fitting thereafter.
Sorry. Please excuse my silly question.
But how will the filler hold the plywood to full strength ?

Sponsored Links
In effect you would be cutting a letterbox shape out of the plasterboard that would have half the width of vertical baton exposed at each side/end, the cut plywood then fits into that rectangle and is screwed onto the batons at each side/end.

The filler is just that, to fill and hide the cuts/joins, it wouldn't be holding anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back