combanation water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new here and coulld do with some help with me water tank,

now heres my problem, i moved my tank into the loft seemed like an easy task but it all gone wrong and doing my head in now.

right here we go(please some one help me)

i have a seagull combined water tank, it has 2 water tanks on the top with water feed from the rising main to both.

then 2 over flows 1 for each tank
below there is another conection(i think it is known as hot water draw but not sure)
then it is like the tridiational tanks a conections to a coil type thing inside the tank.

now i moved it all in to the loft conected it back up to what i thought was the right pipes but then got no hot water out my taps not even cold running hot water.
i have tryed to learn from diagrams off the internet but can only find ones for old tanks with water storage in the loft, this system is designed to save space and be put in a roof space but it was not.(i do noe need it to be in the roof space)

now i have tryed many differnt ways of connecting the pipes but all that keeps happening is one of the 2 overflows ends up with hot water being pumped out of it,
on the heating pipe there is an electronic gate valve and the system is run on an electronic pump, the comi boiler will not light if the pump is not on as if there is no water getting to it,
please help me any more information you may need please ask me.
thanks everybody in advance

Sponsored Links
seagull combined water tank,

quick quiz............................

whats the song,title and artist

seagull you fly `cross the horizon,
into the misty,morning sun,
nobody knows where you are going,
and nobody knows where your from.

cyber beer to 1st correct answer.

Gawd Glasgow, wot's your problem posting at 12-41 am. Hasn't the sun gone down up there yet?

Sponsored Links
Doubtful that you have a combined tank; combining what? Also doubtful that you have a combi. It seems that the pipes are not connected correctly, and as there is not telling of what pipe used to be what, won't be that easy to advise without seeing it.
Some good quality pictures might help.

It`s like a Fortic or an Elson - these might help to google some drawings-Sounds like it is the same as a trad. system like you found on e`net :idea: try and imagine that layout compressed into what you have . Another song question Whose lyrics... ? " What is this that stands before me ?".. appropriate, under the circumstances. Good Luck ;)

it does seem, to be like the elson but has 2 water tanks on top, all the other bits from what i can see are the same, i have 4 pipes 2 to the boiler 1 to the radatiors and 1 to the hot water, so where on the tank should this connect

still no one got any ideas for me now i have add photos please help where do my pipes go??????

I can only see a large photo of a cold beer posted by glasgowgas, don`t know where you have posted yours but I`m off to the fridge.

could be you have piped up the right way but just have a good old air lock.usually a back fill if mains water sorts them out.would help if you have a mixer tap with mains cold and no non return valves. you can then put your hand over the spout with both hot and cold open.

Bit hard to tell as the pics are not overlysupergreat, but it all looks a bit odd. Where did you get the schematics from?

Really simple sounds like you have ballsed up big style picture will not tell anyone where the pipes ACTUALLY go time to pay someone to come and look you have done a couple of really basic errors by sound of it.

Especially the bit about hot water coming out the overflow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back