Combi bangs then yellow flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi son has just phoned me he is in local authority flat with a sime ecomfort plus 30 he, his girlfriend went to use the shower and he was in the kitchen next to the boiler and he says it went bang with the flames going yellow, switched off and called the council plumber out he changed something at the meter ( in kitchen cupboard ) and says it's taking it's time to fire up and will need to get someone else to come out to look at it and left with it still on.

Any ideas before I call up tomorrow ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm too far away from him and can't get him on the phone at the moment, have texted him to keep it off when he's back in.

I would have thought that as the council have sent someone out for a gas fault he would be gas safe registered, but can't really comment as to wether he tested/repaired anything as I got it third hand.

Thanks for the helpful replies

Sponsored Links
First thing you should be doing is making sure they are ok.

Thanks I know they are okay as I got a text from him that he was out shopping for the day, and since my last text he has replied that he is home and had switched it off anyway after the plumber left

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back