gas cooker not repaired properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure which forum to post this in, I need some advice please. The top oven in my gas cooker stopped heating. I called someone out, told him I thought the thermostat needed replacing. He came out and lit the oven, but the flame didn't come up, and he said it was the flame failure device. I told him that the flame normally came up and I wasn't convinced that was the problem.
He left and said he would order and come back and fit the FFD, as soon as he left I tried lighting the oven, the flame came up immediately, I tried it a few times, and the flame was fine, so I phoned him twice, and left him messages saying so (he admits he got the messages).
However he came back out and fitted the FF, and charged £130, said the cooker was fixed, when I went to use it last night the oven didn't heat up!!

He has been back today, and said the thermostat needs replacing, and that he will fit it for free, but I will have to pay for the part.

Where do I stand, surely he should pay for the thermostat?

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't pay as he diagnosed it wrong the first time and you paid £130.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back