gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yellow flames again lads.
this one i had british gas out to, rings are blue except when the electric grill is used that is above the oven.

bg only tested without grill on so they only saw the blue flames and said it was ok, is it norm for an electric grill to interefe with the flames on the gas rings

Sponsored Links
doyle said:
yellow flames again lads.
this one i had british gas out to, rings are blue except when the electric grill is used that is above the oven.

bg only tested without grill on so they only saw the blue flames and said it was ok, is it norm for an electric grill to interefe with the flames on the gas rings

Don't be silly :rolleyes:

I did mean it :rolleyes:

question no matter how dumb it sounds how can electric grill interfere with gas ring? it only occurs when grill is on

Sponsored Links
only thing i can think of is that the heat from the grill is rising backwards beyond the deflector back to the gas rings and pushing oxegon away from the flames if that sounds plauseable.

doyle said:
na trying to learn a bit :D :D

Yeah there are quite a few in here that want to learn a bit. Get an apprenticeship get you qualifications in college not the internet

meant to be doing gas course in bury lancs however not got the job placement sorted yet in order to pass acs

my flames go yellow when i open the outside door when its windy - flame becomes unstable due to excess air (i think) :?:

(is this called - flame chill? Mr gas gurus of DIYnot?)

yeah itll be airflow interuption then from the grill thanks mate

doyle

keep learing mate, thats all i do :D , i got lucky and have been working for a Corgi for nearly 3years now - i'll be taking my CCN1 soon and i'm still in college (3 years and counting!!!! :( ).

You are thinking to much (good), i do it every day, by pursuing the cause of your yellow flame till the death you will have an understanding of its cause and significance that will stick in your head for good and this will become invaluable when you are on your own in the field.

good luck!.

thanks, last done plumbing course 20yrs ago at school( college day)
can do it no probs just need to get to grips with causes ect basic plumbing easy peasy redone own house(repo job)
but never doen any type of gas or servicing of appliences ect.

but there good info in here to be working from

The rings are starved of primary air, thus taking secondary air to burn the gas resulting in yellow flame. Basic combustion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back