Gas oven stuck on high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope this is the right sub, apologies if not :)

I have a Zanussi gas cooker, it's a double oven. The main large oven for some reason isn't regulating the gas flame and is stuck on a high flame - so we know it's stuck on at least gas mark 6. The small oven/grill cavity seems to be fine. I've done a search and most queries seem to be for the opposite problem!

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? It's only 2 years old, but was a £400 cooker and trying to determine if it's better to get an engineer out or just buy a new one.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry it's just over 3 years old, my brain keeps forgetting that 2020 happened. It's out of warranty.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the regulator has failed - nowt you can fix, it needs a gas appliance engineer.
I did wonder if it was something like that, or maybe the thermostat. Is the repair economically worth it do you know? It's not an expensive cooker; I'd rather not just chuck it if it's not a costly repair at the same time if it's going to cost a few hundred then I might as well upgrade.

I did wonder if it was something like that, or maybe the thermostat. Is the repair economically worth it do you know? It's not an expensive cooker; I'd rather not just chuck it if it's not a costly repair at the same time if it's going to cost a few hundred then I might as well upgrade.

Regulator = thermostat. You will need to find someone qualified to replace it and ask them how much to install a replacement. There are various oven parts suppliers on line, just search for the model and part to find the cost of the regulator. They are usually a copper bulb, on the end of a thin copper pipe, which leads to the actual gas regulator. Expansion due to heat in the bulb, closes the gas valve. It all comes as one single, ready calibrated part.

Look here - https://www.buyspares.co.uk/zanussi...pl?shop=zanussi&path=108061&refine=thermostat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back