electrolux gas oven flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all my father in law has had this gas oven for two years , fitted by pro gas firm . for a while now it doesnt seem to get very hot . actually i dont think it has ever beeen that hot .you turn it to gas mark 9 and after about an hour water hardly boils in it . the flame burms a high bluey and red and orange colour and after 4 hours with it on gas mark 9 it never goes down always high . we have been telling him to get gas firm out for ages but he says its nearly new it should be ok. so whats the problem ??????/ he is an elderly chap and recently had food poisening which was found to be from chicken , and as the oven doesnt seem to get hot could this be cause? how can a 2 year old gas oven not work properly ? what could be the cause of this?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the oven door seal may be worn or it need a new FFD.

Are you sure flames increse?

Light up the oven and it will light on a low flame........observe and withing 15-30 seconds of it initially lighting you should see the flames increase in size. Does this happen?

To check the door seals put a piece of paper inside the oved door and pull it away. Wherever the paper is located it should be resliliant to be being pulled.

yes the flames increases from small to large flame but the colour is bluey orange red , and the oven doesnt seem to get very hot , and shouldnt the flame drop in size when gas mark 9 is reached? you have to have the oven at gas mark 9 for a good hour to get water to bubble in oven and i always though it boils at 100c gas mark 9 should be over 200 c. i think something is wrong .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back