Cannon gas oven problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Let me first say I'm not going to be attempting this work myself, as it's a problem with a gas oven. I'm trying to narrow down what the cause might be and then decide whether to get Cannon out (they charge quite a high fixed fee), or whether it might be cheaper to get a local in.

Basically, the main oven lights, so it's getting gas to it, but it won't fire up to achieve the gas mark set by the control knob. It just stays low, so the oven doesn't heat up.

Many thanks for your advice!

Sponsored Links
cost of part around 50 quid . So add that to whatever someone quotes ya for repair .

Maybe cheaper with manufacturers for a straight forward basic repair

oh for f##k sake its a thing called the ffd thats gone approx cost of part around 50 quid . So add that to whatever someone quotes ya for repair . Maybe cheaper with manufacturers for a straight forward basic repair
If the oven has a timer, make sure that it's set to manual and not auto.

Sponsored Links
If the timer was on auto then the oven would not light at all.......Basic

ffd or fsd call it what you like. That'll be it and requires cooker qualified fitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back