Gas oven not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my New World SIG 50 gas oven seems to have developed a fault where the oven does not heat up after the burner has been lit. The burner lights ok via the battery ignition and stays lit but the gas flow does not increase so the flame remains low.

The burner has what looks like a thermocouple which is connected to a FFD (part no CWP/612n).

Would the above fault be due to a failure of the thermocouple or FFD valve? A local gas safe engineer has offered to replace the part if I can order it. As the oven is quite old I wanted to avoid a hefty call out just to advise on the problem.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Could be a few different probs. the local engineer you spoke to seems to be winging it a bit. Did he diagnose the prob or did he just say 'i will fit whatever part you buy'?

I would have a think about If the cooker worth repairing? You can get them for a few hundred quid nowadays, and a repair could cost that or more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back