oven flame safety device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody tell me if an oven flame safety device on a gas oven does the same job as a thermocouple.My gas oven will not heat up and when I have taken the back off to get at what I thought would be the thermocouple all I can find is an oven flame safety device.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
well the oven flame safety device is a thermocouple.

If the oven suffers a flame-out the thermocouple registers the change in temp and shuts off the gas valve.

Hi, can anybody tell me if an oven flame safety device on a gas oven does the same job as a thermocouple.My gas oven will not heat up and when I have taken the back off to get at what I thought would be the thermocouple all I can find is an oven flame safety device.Thanks.

No not many ovens have thermo-couples as such , when you light your oven do you get a very low flame that stays lit but never gets any higher ? or does the flame either never establish or go completely out when you release the control knob? oven make and model would help also

Hi

Thanks for replying.The oven lights and stays on very low but never gets any higher.I have taken the back off and I see now what I think is the FSD.
When I have tried to source a part on the internet, the one I have found that is compatible with my oven doesn't appear to have a solenoid attached, whereas the one in my oven does.It is a Zanussi ZKG5540XN by the way.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your oven doesnt have a thermo-couple, but unfortunately you need a gas safe registered engineer to sort this for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back