Cannon Cooker problem

"You have not listened to this help have you - you still bleating on about the flame picture."

The last piece of technical advice I received was the possibility of 'incomplete combustion,yellow wavy flame'.
So I am supplying a photo showing that the flame looks OK to me. So I am not 'bleating on' at all. It;s just a natural progression.

I'm a software engineer now, but for 37 years I was a senior development engineer and hold an HND in Mechanical Engineering, so I know what's beyond my depth, I don't need you to tell me.

I don't intend to fiddle with the cooker. I'd be interested to know what a gas engineer might do as for the life of me and cannot see what the problem might be.

I was also considering that maybe people have experienced before that the gas might be at fault, producing carbon as a product of combustion, and this would give me a lead to follow.

Sponsored Links
[quote="nicknuts";p="2013701"]What a strange reply. I am not a gas engineer, I am a software developer, so it is not a customer's cooker, it is my own.
I was just trying to seek some help.

I have taken some photos of the flame but cannot yet work out how to show them.[/quote]

Jeez.

Following in from my post about "yellow wavy flames"after looking at you pics it would seem there may be something else wrong there.Therefore once again I say"get a Gas Safe engineer to check it all out".

Sponsored Links
Any suggestions re our Cannon oven? It occasionally flickers on and off, clicking noises heard, timer lights go off, gas out but oven light remains on so my own wondering of is it just a loose wire are rubbish.

Any ideas? Is this a need to call engineer category? And if so is it likely to be an out of proportion to cost of a new cooker repair?

Definitely an engineer required,it could be a loose connection,but equally it could be almost anything else.

Hi,

My Cannon Chesterfield Traditional 60 gas oven is lighting and getting hot no problem but the ignition clicker continues clicking constantly even when the oven is fully hot. Do you know what part would need to be replaced to fix this?

CF
I am having the same problem with my Cannon Chester double oven. Any tips please?

Hi,

My Cannon Chesterfield Traditional 60 gas oven is lighting and getting hot no problem but the ignition clicker continues clicking constantly even when the oven is fully hot. Do you know what part would need to be replaced to fix this?

CF
I am having the same problem with my Cannon Chester double oven. Any tips please?

LOL. I refer you to the previous answers.

My Cannon's lower oven would light and maintain a flame but would not heat up - flame would not increase when rotating the temp setting knob. I had recently had the metal plate off at the back and had removed the flame disperser in order to clean off some spilled bread dough. By a quick trial I realised that the ffd sensor's position had been disturbed. Only its tip was in the flame. Once that more of the actual bulb was covered by the steady blue flame, all was well.
No gas joints were disturbed during this work!

My Cannon's lower oven would light and maintain a flame but would not heat up - flame would not increase when rotating the temp setting knob. I had recently had the metal plate off at the back and had removed the flame disperser in order to clean off some spilled bread dough. By a quick trial I realised that the ffd sensor's position had been disturbed. Only its tip was in the flame. Once that more of the actual bulb was covered by the steady blue flame, all was well.
No gas joints were disturbed during this work!

So, you typed that onto a topic where the last reply was 4 years ago. Well done you.

Yes, well done me! I looked for help in the this forum, found it (it was the first result when Googled) and thought that the next person along might well land in the same place.
This could then help them.
The age of advice I think is irrelevant - don't you?

Had fuse go in plug, this replaced but nothing on, no clock or gas lighting.
Socket fine, tested fuse in plug, ok.
Had a quick look in back and under front panel, nothing loose.
Help!

Had fuse go in plug, this replaced but nothing on, no clock or gas lighting.
Socket fine, tested fuse in plug, ok.
Had a quick look in back and under front panel, nothing loose.
Help!
What sort of post is that? It tells us nothing. Why not start your own thread instead of hijacking an old post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back