New gas oven not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've just had to replace a gas oven because it was stuck on high heat and the thermocoupler had gone. New Beko Pro gas freestanding fitted on 22nd December now we have the issue that the new one won't heat up - bought an oven thermometer just in case I was imagining it (you never know!), put it to gas mark 4 and won't go above 140c even after 35 mins. I just turned it up to gas mark 6 and the flame increases for around a minute and then drops down.

I wanted to be fully forearmed so before I go back to Currys to complain it's faulty, I just wanted to double check there is nothing that I'm missing in terms of the install (done by gas safe registered chap), or perhaps the set up? I've scoured the instructions and can't find anything special you have to do, though mentions instructions for a "reduced flow adjustment on main oven" but that feels like a professional job to me.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Does the hob and grill/top oven seem ok? If yes, then suspect faulty oven. If no, then could be an issue with installation.

Does the hob and grill/top oven seem ok? If yes, then suspect faulty oven. If no, then could be an issue with installation.

Sorry, I should have added that, hob is absolutely fine, I'm going to test the top oven shortly once it's cooled back down but *seems* fine.

Just done a good run with the thermometer
40 mins @ gas mark 4, reached 140c
further 10 @ gas mark 6, reached 150c
further 25 @ gas mark 7, reached 180c
further 20 @ gas mark 9, reached correct temp of 240c - this stayed at full flame

So it appears to be an issue at the lower end of the scale.

Sponsored Links
have a look at top back of oven and make sure stat phial is in the little clips
Thanks for the tip, checked that and looks to be in order, looks like I'll need to get onto Currys/Beko.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back