Combi Boiler and private water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a combi boiler supplied by mains water. I want to take advantage of a well that exisits at the premises. It was used up until mains water was taken to the house (12mths ago). I would like to swap back to the well. Can this be achieved, whats are the costs ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'd need a system whereby you can switch between mains and well supply, so that in the event of the well failing you can switch back to mains. This needs to be arranged in such a way that it is impossible to have a situation whereby well water can be made to flow into the mains supply.

You'd probably need a holding tank unless the well fills fast and is reliable throughout the summer, and you'd need a constant-duty pump to pump the well water into your house at mains pressure, this would normally be via an accumulator. You can have a submersible pump inside the holding tank.

You would need to get the water tested, and if it is not safe to drink it would need to pass through any number of filtration and purification systems before being pumped into your pipework.

Costs will vary wildly according to exactly what needs doing, but probably not more than £5,000

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back