Combi Boiler Divertor valve failure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

A newbie here, been recommended here by AVforums about a problem on a home Boiler and from reading a few topics seems the place to be! Forums are great!

I have a Vaillant Turbo max 824 that I have been using for 4 years, its been working fine but the last month I have been having a problem:

When the tap is turned on the flame starts up and water is running as expected but the problem is the water only comes out luke warm rather then HOT which usually happens, and at random points when the heaters are on I get no hot tap water or “warm water”. And at other times, when tap is turned on the heathers is also turned on…

Confused... Yes

It seems to be doing all sorts at random times???? I have checked all pressure, and reprogrammed the times and restarted the boiler many times but it still happens.. Funny enough it fixes it self for a few weeks or days and then comes back!! So annoying.

Can anyone point out anything or even recommend a friend/engineer who may be able to identify the problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably the diverter valve.

Depending on what part of London you're in Agile may help you or perhaps one of the other Local lads.

Hello again, yes I think the Diverter valve has failed, but the strange thing is... It works sometimes. For the day it doesn’t like today I have had to restart the boiler.

My brother who is the plumber and is the one who will fix it has gone off travelling and won’t be back till next week, is there something I can do to by pass the problem for a week or so?

I think the problem occurs when my automatic programmes are on so is there any tweaks?

I don’t want to use the kettle to have a shower
:(

Also just out of interest how and why would a divertor fail?

The moving part of the valve swells up and randomly sticks in DHW or CH or anywhere in between.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back