Combi Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To anyone who can help.

I have an optima 701 ferroli problem is the ignition pilot light wont stay on hold button in and it lights up but let it go and it goes out any ideas fan is turning pressure is at 1.5 bar :!: (I know its an old boiler)

Sponsored Links
The only old boilers we know we are married to.

Not a gas fitter butI would suspect its the thermocouple at fault.

Sponsored Links
Ahhhh the 701.
Common fault with this model.

The problem is an airlock in the pre-lionloop pigeon valve, often confused by experts as a simple turbo injector backlashing through the capillary cavity of the entry pipe before ignition.

Ahhhh the 701.

The problem is an airlock in the pre-lionloop pigeon valve, often confused by experts as a simple turbo injector backlashing through the capillary cavity of the entry pipe before ignition.

A very clear and concise explanation. You definitely know your stuff, LMB.

In fairness, this was in the GD forum. I had no idea it was going to be put up for scrutiny in the kind and understanding plumbers forum. (robbers) :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Ahhhh the 701.

In laymans terms are you saying its f**ked?

In fairness, this was in the GD forum. I had no idea it was going to be put up for scrutiny in the kind and understanding plumbers forum. (robbers) :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Looks like the plumbers are not sufficiently kind and understanding to offer their advice!

Or perhaps the rules they have to follow precludes them from advising on a forum?

Get a good engineer who likes old boilers!

Tony

Thanks for HELP :D It was the thermo couple got it fixed for reasonable price of £50 Once again thanks to every one who helped :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back