Ferroli Optima 701 Pilot Light Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!

Boiler & pilot light have gone out (Ferroli Optima 701)

Followed the relight procedure

1) Turn Thermostat up full
2) Turn to Heating constant
3) wait for fan to run for 20 secs
4) Depress ingnition button for 15 secs to relight pilot light

BUT

no click from the igniter!! but all other sounds (fan, pump etc) ok

Any clues? I have a corgi mate who is going to look at it but is unfamiliar with the type. Any hints would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why not call a properly experienced CORGI engineer?

Its impossibly to guess whats the cause of your problem and as it will be a gas related problem so I would not be able to give detailed advice anyway.

Tony

Because I'm broke and mate will do it in return for me fixing his PC! :(

no click from the igniter!! but all other sounds (fan, pump etc) ok

Any clues? I have a corgi mate who is going to look at it but is unfamiliar with the type. Any hints would be appreciated.

theres a clue for you...........

Sponsored Links
In that case I hope you are better at mending PCs than he sounds at mending boilers!

Any experienced boiler engineer will have encountered your boiler before!

Tony

Heres something that you can try for starters

Turn the power off to it count to 30 then turn it back on and try the sequence again.

To those who helped thanks muchly!!

One more question, If the thing fails to click/spark which is the most likely compnent to be gone. Is there a fuse, transformer, resistor etc??

To Agile, Lighten up man!!

My mate has been servicing boilers in Council houses for the past 25 years. The council only use one brand of boiler. Not Ferroli.

My mate has been servicing boilers in Council houses for the past 25 years. The council only use one brand of boiler. Not Ferroli.

There could be a lesson to be learned there!

Tony

Most common thing to go on these tends to be the rather expensive PCB.

Usually its something to do with Relay 4 on it. Thats the one on the right hand side. Look at it from the right and you will probably see its blackened like this one
VMF7Relay4.jpg

Fan has to run at high speed for 20 secs before ignition process goes any further and thats the relay that should make the fan do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back