Combi boiler flue support recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone .
I think it’s about time I updated the universal support that supports the combi boiler flue into position lol. . Could anybody recommend a type that would fit in this scenario . I’ve looked at the type that screw to the roof but the garage only has a floor board style roof so screws would only be buried several mm . I was wondering if the was some type of offset bracket I could fix to the joists or would strap band be ok to use in place of the t.w.e
Thanks

Attachments

• 20B582B1-CBD6-4293-B158-C53D9430EDBC.jpeg
    20B582B1-CBD6-4293-B158-C53D9430EDBC.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 78BAD313-4D30-4238-B5F8-D81424578EA0.jpeg
    78BAD313-4D30-4238-B5F8-D81424578EA0.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
It has to be an "appropriate" fitting as prescribed by the MI's.
i.e: Flue bracket made by the flue manufacturer and approved by them.
And it also has to be fitted by a competent person so that they can then confirm it safe to use by carrying out checks as per regulations.

Totally agree , and can tell you now I will be doing the work I reckon a Shoe lace would be better than that ,so I’m sure I can’t go wrong haha , believe it or not that was fitted by a Gas safe registered engineer who passed it off and even registered the boiler for us haha O and apparently he was “competent” because he was registered . Lol .There’s some right whoppers out there .it’s due a service so maybe I should just Leave it to see what the guy says who services it.

Easiest way is to cut a piece of 4x2 to go between the joists as a noggin, attach the bracket to it.

Connect it to the flue then screw the noggin in place. As you say you can't do worse then they did lol

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Yeah I think that’s the way Razor , I just seen Worcester did an angled bracket but there just not deep enough .
A batten it is .
Cheers

I take it that the boiler is a certain age? If not, get the installer back, it could be classed as At Risk. I don’t know why you’re not heeding the advice of @dilalio and insist on doing gas “work“ yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back