Combi Boiler & Grundfos Vertical Home Booster Tank

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All,

I am looking to change my Boiler (system) to a Combi Boiler. I have received a few different quotes and I don't want to take the water directly from the mains. I have no pressure in my showers as the tank is in the attic and the bathrooms are in the first floor. So I am between 2 quotes, one with a Grundfos Vertical Home Booster Tank and 2.0 pump which the person is saying that will be less noisy and another is adding a pump either in the attic or in the hot press. The Grundfos will have to be placed in the hot press as won't fit in the attic door.
What would be the less noisy?
The Grundfos Booster Tank, or a pump in the attic, or Walrus HQ200 2.5 in the hot press with pad?

Also, I have a quote for a Viessmann 26kw and a Bosch 30kw. Which one would be better?
The quotes are very similar in price. So I am not sure which one to pick.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
If you don't want to take (hot) water from the mains you don't want a combi boiler- unless you're going for a hybrid solution (combi doing hot water for kitchen, indirect cylinder from heat side of the boiler doing bathroom hot water). Do share.
Can't help you on the noise, if you're thinking about pumping the hot water output from a combi then think again, it won't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back