Combi Boiler in the bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Ive been thinking about moving my Combi boiler from my bedroom to the loft so will soon be looking for some quotes but im also thinking about keeping it in the bedroom. what are the regulations for keeping it in the bedroom plus the rules for boxing it in like a cupboard etc and in spacing needed underneath or sides or ventillation etc

many thanks

Sponsored Links
No problems leaving it in your bedroom so long as it is a room sealed one other wise it should not be in the bed anyway.

most modern combi's do not require compartmental ventilation. for boxing in but require room for servicing and maintenance all this information can be found in manufactures instructions. giving detailed clearences etc.

Most boiler nowadays dont need ventilation in cupboards but you will have to check manufacturers instructions . but most A rated boilers have above average noisy fans.
So you don`t want it in your bedroom, B rated are a lot quieter and in theory only 4% less efficent in reality prob less so not worth extra expense of moving

many thanks so can i just box it in like normal then as long as it can be acessed for servicing etc?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back