types of boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, i've got a big water tank in the bedroom, two smaller ones in the loft and a boiler in the kitchen.
So im thinking, what about a combi boiler since it takes less space? ive got three bedrooms and one bathroom, one kitchen.

How do you chose which boiler is best for your property? Is there some resources on the internet?
Also is there some brands that are better than other?

many thanks!

Sponsored Links
My choice would be a Valliant Turbomax as mine has been going strong for 4 yrs :D

tostaky said:
At the moment, i've got a big water tank in the bedroom, two smaller ones in the loft and a boiler in the kitchen.
So im thinking, what about a combi boiler since it takes less space? ive got three bedrooms and one bathroom, one kitchen.

How do you chose which boiler is best for your property? Is there some resources on the internet?
Also is there some brands that are better than other?

many thanks!

The higher the flowrate, rated in the better. The more expensive combis are more reliable: Vaillant, Atmos, Buderus, ECO-Hometec, Viessman, Atag, Worcester-Bosch..

Get a stored water combi (can be a bit big in case size) like a Glow Worm or Alpha CD50, or a 38 to 40 kW infinately continuous combi, like the 38kW Glow Worm combi. You then will not be disappointed with performance.

[quote="Doctor Drivel]
The higher the flowrate, rated in the better. The more expensive combis are more reliable: Vaillant, Atmos, Buderus, ECO-Hometec, Viessman, Atag, Worcester-Bosch..

Get a stored water combi (can be a bit big in case size) like a Glow Worm or Alpha CD50, or a 38 to 40 kW infinately continuous combi, like the 38kW Glow Worm combi. You then will not be disappointed with performance.[/quote]

I shall try to remember that!

But what is the difference between a combi boiler and a regular boiler? With a combi boiler, can i get rid of my power shower? I think ive got 3G of water pressure

Sponsored Links
But what is the difference between a combi boiler and a regular boiler? With a combi boiler, can i get rid of my power shower? I think ive got 3G of water pressure

A combi does DHW and CH and a regular boiler only does CH and heats water via a cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back