Combi Boiler - Low Pressure Upsatirs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a Baxi 105e combi fitted last year. The hot water pressure is strong downstairs but upstairs it's quite weak. I think this is because the plumber used the old 3/4 inch pipe feed to get the hot supply upstairs. It's a brick house and almost impossible to feed new pipes internally!

I now want to fit a shower upstairs but I'm concerned about the low hot water pressure as it's similar upstairs to what it was with the old tank. Is it possible to fit a shower pump to the combi hot water supply? Or is there another solution to the problem?

Cheers,
Falcdavm

Sponsored Links
If the water isn't flowing the pressure should be the same upstairs as downstairs. You have low flow rate rather than low pressure. Assuming the hot water supply to the boiler is from the mains, then the most likely thing is the taps. Have you had new taps upstairs?, or are the washers causing the restriction? You could measure the PRESSURE (you'll need a gauge) on the hot taps, and you wont have any scaling problems, (before anyone suggests it).

Thanks for the advice. I have tested the water both upstairs and downstairs and over one minute I get exactly the same amount of water (about 13l). It just seems to be chucking it out of the downstairs taps and trickling out of the upstairs taps. I guess that means that I should be able to proceed with connecting the shower? Should I use a thermostatic shower mixer ar a pressure equalization one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back